Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a moist chocolate cake using old fashion methods. It uses sour milk, eggs and cocoa.
- 1 cup margarine
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 4 tablespoons cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 cups sour milk (May use 2 teaspoons of vinegar than add milk to the 2 cup mark. Let set a few minutes)
- Spray a 9 1/2" x 13" x 2" cake pan and set aside. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place margarine, sugar and vanilla in large mixing bowl. Using mixer to cream until smooth. Add eggs and continue beating. Mix together flour, baking soda and cocoa. Add alternately a cup at a time with the sour milk to creamed mixture. Beating well after each addition. Start and finish with the flour mixture. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for about 45 minutes or until edges begin to pull away from edges of pan.
- Cool and frost with your favorite frosting.