Recipe by mollypaul
I love this condiment and am finding it VERY expensive in the store.
Top Review by Wombee
I never expected to see a recipe for Tiger Sauce when I queried it! This is quite close to the commercial brand and a WHOLE lot less expensive! Some ingredient comments: I used a 32 oz. jar of hot cherry peppers. When de-stemmed, it came quite close to the 12 oz by weight. Two ounces of pepper juice is 4 tablespoons. I also used one packet of Certo brand pectin - don't know the amount but it worked fine. The tamarind nectar came in 9 oz. cans and I used 3. Finally, this makes about 10 cups so be prepared!
- 12 ounces pickled hot cherry peppers, drained (reserve 2 ounces of juice from the jar)
- 2 (12 ounce) cans tamarind nectar (in the Mexican ethnic food aisle)
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar (more to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1⁄2 cup marsala or 1⁄2 cup dry sherry
- 1 (1 3/4 ounce) package pectin