I love this condiment and am finding it VERY expensive in the store.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces pickled hot cherry peppers, drained (reserve 2 ounces of juice from the jar)
- 2 (12 ounce) cans tamarind nectar (in the Mexican ethnic food aisle)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups sugar (more to taste)
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/2 cup marsala or 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 1 (1 3/4 ounce) package pectin
- 1Place items in nonreactive stockpot.
- 2Cover, bring to a brisk boil for three minutes.
- 3Reduce heat and simmer for an additional 20 minutes.
- 4Let cool slightly and process in stages in a blender.
- 5Cool and bottle.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Mock Tiger Sauce Substitute
Serving Size: 1 (1617 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1911.3
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 5472.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 374.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 311.0 g
- Protein 0.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
pickled hot cherry peppers