1/2 Photos of Homemade Miracle Whip
I found this recipe for homemade Miracle Whip in the local paper. Miracle Whip is not available where I live, so it's nice to have a jar of this in the fridge.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Using a blender or electric mixer, blend egg yolks, salt, sugar and 1 tablespoons of the lemon juice.
- 2Slowly pour in 1 cup oil, a few drops at a time, mixing thoroughly.
- 3Add remaining 1/2 cup oil a little faster, carefully blending in each bit before adding the remaining 2 tablespoons lemon juice.
- 4Mix the flour, mustard, boiling water and vinegar together until smooth.
- 5Pour into a small saucepan and cook until smooth and paste-like (but not too thick).
- 6Slowly add this hot mixture to the mayonnaise and blend well.
- 7Pour in a container and cool in the refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Miracle Whip
Serving Size: 1 (8 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 68
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 45.4
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 4.8 mg
- Sodium 17.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 0.1 g