I found this recipe for homemade Miracle Whip in the local paper. Miracle Whip is not available where I live, so it's nice to have a jar of this in the fridge.
- Using a blender or electric mixer, blend egg yolks, salt, sugar and 1 tablespoons of the lemon juice.
- Slowly pour in 1 cup oil, a few drops at a time, mixing thoroughly.
- Add remaining 1/2 cup oil a little faster, carefully blending in each bit before adding the remaining 2 tablespoons lemon juice.
- Mix the flour, mustard, boiling water and vinegar together until smooth.
- Pour into a small saucepan and cook until smooth and paste-like (but not too thick).
- Slowly add this hot mixture to the mayonnaise and blend well.
- Pour in a container and cool in the refrigerator.