Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I found this recipe years ago and love it. If leery about raw egg, then use pasteurized eggs.
Make and share this Homemade Miracle Whip recipe from Food.com.
- 1 egg (room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons powdered sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups oil (canola is best)
- Put all ingredients except the oil to a blender.
- Blend until mixed.
- While the blender is running, slowly add the oil (1 tablespoons at a time) until thick and creamy.
- Spoon mixture into a clean jar with a lid and chill.
- Keep in the fridge.
I grew up using Miracle Whip and love it. I stopped using it because of the High Fructose Corn Syrup in the commercially packaged ingredient list. I also had tried a different recipe calling for a cornstarch mixture to be cooked and added into other ingredients. I didn't work for me. This recipe produces a good copy cat flavor without the cooking and is so easy to make. I'll be making this often. Thank you for posting!!!
My family loves Miracle Whip. I was skeptic, but figured it would save $$$. It is amazingly like the real thing. Diabetics could probably use Splenda instead.