Recipe by dontfencemein
Making marshmallows sounds intimidating, but its actually really simple and fun. Something to experiment with on a rainy day. These are great to substitute for smores! Enjoy!
- 2 (15 ml) envelopes plain gelatin
- 1⁄4 cup boiling water
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon peppermint extract
Directions See How It's Made
- In mixer bowl, dissolve gelatin in cold water.
- Add 1/4 c boiling water.
- In sauce pan combine sugar, 1/2 cup boiling water till dissolved.
- Add corn syrup.
- Pour into gelatin, and cool when cold add flavor and beat with whip till stiff peaks form.
- Scrape into a powder sugar dusted 9x13 pan.
- Spread powdered sugar on top and spread to all corners and edges.
- Let dry then cover.
- Cut into 1" pieces and store in airtight container.
- Use in place of regular marshmallows.