Recipe by Lainey6605
One of our family favorites for the ice cream machine. Prep time does not include the time for freezing.
Top Review by sofie-a-toast
This was my first time ever making ice cream! The flavor was spot on. It was so creamy and light and cooling. However, the texture was a bit softer than I would have liked. This melted very quickly.
- 2 cups nonfat milk or 2 cups low-fat milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3 drops green food coloring (optional)
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, stir together the milk, cream, sugar, salt, vanilla extract and peppermint extract until the sugar has dissolved.
- Color to your liking with the green food coloring.
- Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker, and freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- About 10 minutes into the freezing, add the chocolate chips.
- About 30 minutes later, after the ice cream has thickened, spoon into a container and freeze for 2 hours.