Recipe by Lainey39
One of our family favorites for the ice cream machine. Prep time does not include the time for freezing.
Top Review by stephlabovitz
This was my very first ice cream recipe and it turned out PERFECT. I did use whole milk instead of the skim that the recipe called for and followed my ice cream maker recommendation to put the chips in about 10 minutes before the end of the mixing. This was fantastic and froze to the right consistency.
- 2 cups nonfat milk or 2 cups low-fat milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3 drops green food coloring (optional)
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, stir together the milk, cream, sugar, salt, vanilla extract and peppermint extract until the sugar has dissolved.
- Color to your liking with the green food coloring.
- Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker, and freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- About 10 minutes into the freezing, add the chocolate chips.
- About 30 minutes later, after the ice cream has thickened, spoon into a container and freeze for 2 hours.