1/2 Photos of Homemade Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
One of our family favorites for the ice cream machine. Prep time does not include the time for freezing.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl, stir together the milk, cream, sugar, salt, vanilla extract and peppermint extract until the sugar has dissolved.
- 2Color to your liking with the green food coloring.
- 3Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker, and freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- 4About 10 minutes into the freezing, add the chocolate chips.
- 5About 30 minutes later, after the ice cream has thickened, spoon into a container and freeze for 2 hours.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
Serving Size: 1 (169 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 429.6
- Calories from Fat 256
- Total Fat 28.5 g
- Saturated Fat 17.5 g
- Cholesterol 82.7 mg
- Sodium 196.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 40.0 g
- Protein 4.1 g