Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
A favorite soup at our house! DH is so happy every time I make this, and that is saying alot, because he is not a "soup man"! This is easy, and healthy! Besides that, it smells soooo good, your neighbors might just drop in to see what's cooking!!
- 1 lb stew meat, cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 8 cups water
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans beef bouillon
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole tomatoes
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen green beans
- 1 cup diced carrot
- 1⁄2 cup diced celery
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup chopped cabbage
- 1 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 small zucchini, cut into bite-sized pieces
- grated parmesan cheese
- In a large sucepan, brown the meat in oil.
- Add water, bouillon, salt and pepper.
- Cover and bring to boil.
- Reduce hear and allow to simmer for 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
- Add next 7 ingredients.
- Stir well and heat.
- Add garlic powder.
- Cover pan and simmer 20 - 25 minutes.
- Stir in zucchini, cabbage and macaroni.
- Cook for 15 minutes or until macaroni is tender.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Serve piping hot.
This recipe was a big hit last night. Everyone loved it. I made some cornbread and it made for a lovely meal. Thank you Silly Sally!
I love minestrone and this one was so good! Cooked this in my crock pot on low and the flavor was wonderful. Did brown the stew meat and used beef broth instead of the water. I dont care for frozen green beans so I added canned and used baby carrots. Cooked the elbow macaroni and the stove and added to the crock pot right before serving. Sprinkled with the parmesan cheese and enjoyed! Thank you silly sally!