Recipe by silly sally
A favorite soup at our house! DH is so happy every time I make this, and that is saying alot, because he is not a "soup man"! This is easy, and healthy! Besides that, it smells soooo good, your neighbors might just drop in to see what's cooking!!
- 1 lb stew meat, cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 8 cups water
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans beef bouillon
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole tomatoes
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen green beans
- 1 cup diced carrot
- 1⁄2 cup diced celery
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup chopped cabbage
- 1 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 small zucchini, cut into bite-sized pieces
- grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large sucepan, brown the meat in oil.
- Add water, bouillon, salt and pepper.
- Cover and bring to boil.
- Reduce hear and allow to simmer for 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
- Add next 7 ingredients.
- Stir well and heat.
- Add garlic powder.
- Cover pan and simmer 20 - 25 minutes.
- Stir in zucchini, cabbage and macaroni.
- Cook for 15 minutes or until macaroni is tender.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Serve piping hot.