Homemade Milk Gravy (Using Soup or Sauce Mix)
- 2 tablespoons fat (from meat, margarine, butter or other fat)
- 2 cups drippings (or water, vegetable broth or milk)
- Remove cooked meat or poultry from roasting pan.
- Leaving brown stuff in pan, pour drippings into a bowl. Allow fat to rise to surface; skim off fat and reserve. (Remaining drippings in bowl are meat juices that should be used as part of the liquid called for in gravy).
- Add 2 tablespoons fat to roasting pan; stir in 1/2 cup of recipe #243518until smooth.
- Heat until bubbly.
- Stir in liquid and cook until sauce thickens.
- Continue stirring and cooking 2-3 minutes longer, scraping bottom and sides of pan to blend in the brown bits.