Recipe by Nana Lee
Handy to have around for a quick fix. I found this one on the rice cooker site at Yahoo Groups. Very informative site. NOTE: Even though the recipe calls for cooking this on the stove, I assume this can also be made in your rice cooker. You could also add some meat to this and have a main dish.
- 4 cups uncooked rice
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper flakes
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 5 teaspoons parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine ingredients in a large bowl.
- Stir until evenly distributed and put about 1 1/3 cup mixture each into three 1-pint containers.
- Label and store to be used within 6-8 months. Combine, label, and store. Makes about 4 1/2 Celsius mix.
- TO USE:.
- Combine in a saucepan:.
- 1 1/3 cups rice mix,
- 2 cups cold water.
- 1 tbsp margarine or butter.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Cover, reduce heat, and cook 15 minutes until liquid is absorbed.