Recipe by Nateskawaii
This is our family recipe taught to me by my mother-in-law. This is authentic Mexican rice.
Top Review by mammafishy
This is one of our favorite rice dishes with a Mexican meal. My younger sister got this recipe from a friend of hers over 30 years ago. I remember her saying that it was an authentic dish also. Now I know where I can find this recipe fast and easy! Thanks for sharing.
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 -4 slices yellow onions
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown rice in frying pan with vegetable oil.
- Add the can of tomato sauce, onion slices and all of seasonings.
- Add 2 cups of water.
- Stir gently and taste the broth to make sure spices and salt are enough for you.
- Cook on medium heat. When rice is almost done cover with plate and turn off heat to finish cooking.