1/1 Photo of Homemade Mexican Chorizo
I love choizo, but who knows what is in the commercially prepared kind? This homemade Mexican chorizo is delicious with scrambled eggs served in a flour tortilla. I usually prepare this chorizo with ground turkey.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground lean pork, ground turkey can be substituted
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1Combine chili powder, paprika, cumin, salt, garlic powder, coriander, oregano, red pepper flakes, ground cloves and black pepper in mixing bowl and stir until well combined.
- 2Add cider vinegar and stir until dry ingredients are moistened.
- 3Add ground meat and knead until spice mixture is well incorporated into the meat.
- 4You can use the chorizo immediately, but for best flavor development, place chorizo mixture in an airtight container and store overnight in fridge.
- 5Form chrizo meat into small patties or just scramble and fry the meat in a skillet until done.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Mexican Chorizo
Serving Size: 1 (137 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 324.2
- Calories from Fat 225
- Total Fat 25.0 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 81.7 mg
- Sodium 714.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 20.2 g