Recipe by Wheres_the_Beef?
I love choizo, but who knows what is in the commercially prepared kind? This homemade Mexican chorizo is delicious with scrambled eggs served in a flour tortilla. I usually prepare this chorizo with ground turkey.
- 1 lb ground lean pork, ground turkey can be substituted
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine chili powder, paprika, cumin, salt, garlic powder, coriander, oregano, red pepper flakes, ground cloves and black pepper in mixing bowl and stir until well combined.
- Add cider vinegar and stir until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Add ground meat and knead until spice mixture is well incorporated into the meat.
- You can use the chorizo immediately, but for best flavor development, place chorizo mixture in an airtight container and store overnight in fridge.
- Form chrizo meat into small patties or just scramble and fry the meat in a skillet until done.