Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This German sausage goes well with hearty Dutch and German food. Cook time is the maturation time.
Make and share this Homemade Mettwurst recipe from Food.com.
- Mix all the ingredients together well and grind finely through a meat grinder.
- Knead the mixture for 5 minutes.
- Stuff the mixture into natural skins, naturine skins or silk skins.
- Thin sausages need 7 days at lukewarm room temperature to dry properly and thick sausages up to 14 days.
- Too much heat in the first 3 days can lead to fermentation.
- Either smoke twice or eat as is.