Prep 40 mins
Cook 168 hrs
This German sausage goes well with hearty Dutch and German food. Cook time is the maturation time.
Make and share this Homemade Mettwurst recipe from Food.com.
- 500 g pork, more lean than fatty
- 1⁄2 ounce coarse salt
- 1⁄16 ounce black pepper
- 1⁄16 ounce liquid glucose (optional)
- 1 pinch dried garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon mustard seeds
- Mix all the ingredients together well and grind finely through a meat grinder.
- Knead the mixture for 5 minutes.
- Stuff the mixture into natural skins, naturine skins or silk skins.
- Thin sausages need 7 days at lukewarm room temperature to dry properly and thick sausages up to 14 days.
- Too much heat in the first 3 days can lead to fermentation.
- Either smoke twice or eat as is.