Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Tasty Italian meatballs made from a family recipe. Makes a pot of Sunday sauce into a Pot of Gold!
- 2 lbs meatloaf mixture, ground beef, veal and pork mixture
- 4 slices Italian bread, soaked in water
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 2 tablespoons of fresh minced basil
- 2 fresh garlic cloves, pressed thru garlic press
- 1⁄2 cup of grated romano cheese or 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- scant salt & pepper
- Press water out of bread and place the bread into a mixing bowl.
- Add the rest of ingredients and mix together until fully intergrated.
- Form meatballs by rolling between hands.
- Place meatballs in oiled baking dish and brown in 350 degree oven.
- Remove from oven when browned and add to Maranara Sauce.
- Simmer until cooked ( about 2 hrs.).