Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
Variations: Aioli---add chopped garlic, Basil---chop basil and add, Cilantro---add chopped cilantro and fresh lime juice, Sun-dried Tomato---soak first in hot water; drain, chop and add, Tartar Sauce---add chopped pickle, onion and roasted red peppers, Thousand Island---make like Tartar Sauce but add catsup and hard cooked egg
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- (If you use a food processor, you will no doubt have the perfect mayonnaise--a mixing bowl takes more effort.) Place all ingredients, except the oil, in the food processor.
- Start the motor.
- SLOWLY, drip by drip, add the oil.
- Once an emulsion starts (it starts to thicken), you can add the oil more generously.
- Adjust seasonings--more salt, pepper, lemon.
- This will last 5-7 days in the refrigerator.
The texture was great, but I think I added too much lemon juice. It was a bit too tangy/bitter. Otherwise it was very easy to make in my food processor. If you do this with a whisk be prepared to work at it for a long time (I was surprised how long it took to emulsify, ie about 5 min in the processor.)