Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
If you have never tried homemade mayonnaise, you should. It will turn the simply mundane into the simply elegant!
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 cups corn oil or 2 cups peanut oil or 2 cups vegetable oil
- fresh ground pepper
- Put the mustard, egg yolk, and vinegar in a mixing bowl and start beating with a wire whisk or electric beater.
- Gradually add the oil, beating constantly and rapidly with the whisk or beater. Add salt and pepper to taste.
UPDATE. I tried this again today after buying DIJON mustard ( I had used whole grain Dijon BIG mistake) and it turned out BEAUTIFULLY. I did use an extra egg yolk and an extra tablespoon of Dijon. I can't wait to actually eat it in a salad This was what my first review was This was my first time making homemade mayo so maybe it was just me but this turned out very runny and oily. I had no dijon but used a whole grain dijon. As I was adding the oil it went nice and thick and I should of stopped then ( at around 1/2 -3/4 cup I think) I tried beating extra yolks( 3) and then adding but it is very runny. I might use it in a hot potato salad to not waste it LOL I am wondering if the oil measurements are correct Made for my 3 chefs fall 2008