Top Review by Gay Gilmore
Performed perfectly. I was sure to consult a recipe for this after forgetting to only use egg yolks a while back ;-). Used this for the Aeoli in Rich's "Fast and Easy Fish Soup with Garlic Aeoli" recipe #8449 (which was also VERY GOOD)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper, freshly-ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In a food processor or blender, blend the egg and lemon juice for 10 seconds.
- With the processor running, slowly pour in the oil through the feed tube. Mixture should thicken.
- Add the pepper and salt and pulse once or twice to blend.
- Transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before using.
- Best if used within 24 hours.
- This recipe yields 1 1/4 cups.