Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper, freshly-ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- In a food processor or blender, blend the egg and lemon juice for 10 seconds.
- With the processor running, slowly pour in the oil through the feed tube. Mixture should thicken.
- Add the pepper and salt and pulse once or twice to blend.
- Transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before using.
- Best if used within 24 hours.
- This recipe yields 1 1/4 cups.
Performed perfectly. I was sure to consult a recipe for this after forgetting to only use egg yolks a while back ;-). Used this for the Aeoli in Rich's "Fast and Easy Fish Soup with Garlic Aeoli" Fast and Easy Fish Soup With Garlic Aioli (which was also VERY GOOD)
Nice Zing to it. I used the immersion blender method which is much quicker and I used red wine vinegar instead of lemon juice and it turned out terrifically. Will be keeping this recipe on hand for sure!
I had great results. I can't comment on the flavor since I only use mayo as an "add-to". I used this mayo as the base for my own favorite salad dressing and it was great. I loved the texture of the final product. I used safflower oil over olive oil because I wanted to bland safflower taste to combine well with my dressing. This was my first time to make homemade mayo and I'll definitely do it again. Thanks Diana!