1/4 Photos of Homemade Mayonnaise
When you're out of mayonnaise, blend a batch of this Homemade Mayonnaise in under 1 minute. Because of the raw egg, this is not recommended for very young children or elderly persons, although washing the egg shell reduces the chance for contamination.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Serving size is 1 tablespoon. Recipe makes 1-1/4 cups mayonnaise.
- 2Wash the outside of the egg shell with soap and water.
- 3Rinse and dry.
- 4In blender, add egg, dry mustard, vinegar, (optional paprika) and 1/4 cup oil.
- 5Turn on low for 1-2 minutes.
- 6Turn blender off, and scrape sides if necessary.
- 7Turn blender on, and while it is running, slowly add the remaining 3/4 cups oil.
- 8Blend until the consistency of mayonnaise.
- 9Refrigerate in non-reactive container.
- 10FOR VARIATION: Add 1/4-1/2 tsp of your desired seasoning, such as, basil, tarragon, or parsley.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Mayonnaise
Serving Size: 1 (15 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 100.4
- Calories from Fat 100
- Total Fat 11.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 9.3 mg
- Sodium 61.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.3 g