Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Clean eating and paleo compliant. Make sure that ingredients are at room temperature when starting. Do not use extra virgin olive oil. Remember that patience is the key. Adapted from Fannie Farmer Cookbook.
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup light olive oil, plus 1 cup
- Let all ingredients warm up to room temperature.
- Place egg, lemon juice, dry mustard, salt, and 1/4 cup light olive oil in the food processor.
- Mix for 20 to 30 seconds.
- While the machine is running drizzle remaining 1 cup of oil very very very slowly into the mixture until emulsified or looks like mayo.
- Taste and add salt if needed.