Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Delicious, easy to make mayonnaise. Take it beyond the Basic by substituting champagne vinegar. Keep it refrigerated and use it within a few days.
- 1 cup safflower oil
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 lime, juice of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 pinch paprika
- 1 pinch minced dried garlic (not garlic powder)
- 1 pinch minced dried onion (not onion powder)
- Blend the egg. Add oil a little at a time and blend it inches When it reaches the right consistency, stop adding oil. (It will come out of suspension if you add too much oil or add it too fast).
- Add the lime/lemon juice, vinegar, salt, and spices, and blend it in briefly.
I'm going to try to doctor this up... but I'm sorry to say that it is not good. I'll add some suggestions later if I can figure out how to save it.