Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I got this recipe from a magazine. You can use either lemon juice or grape vinegar, or, as I prefer, both (as the lemon and grape vinegar combination just complements the flavour). Homemade mayonnaise will last for about 3 days in the fridge, unlike commercial ones which can last up to 6 months.
- 3 egg yolks (at room temperature)
- 1 tablespoon French mustard
- 300 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 -2 teaspoon lemon juice (a squeeze of lemon juice or grape vinegar)
- Combine and whisk the three egg yolks with the French mustard.
- Gradually add the olive oil while whisking the whole time until the mixture thickens.
- Finally add a squeeze of lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.