The easiest and best mayo recipe ever, you will never buy store bought again. I have had this recipe so long, I don't know who/where I got it from--maybe foodtv.net or juliachild.com ??
- In a blender, add eggs and vinegar.
- In a small bowl, combine mustard, paprika and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to the oil.
- Turn on blender to lowest speed until egg mix is combined.
- While blender is still on, add the oil mix in a very thin and steady stream until fully incorporated. About 2-3 minutes. Mixture will be VERY THICK.
- Slowly incorporate the lemon juice.
- Store in large mason jar in the refrigerator for about 4 weeks.
This is really good. I was looking for a new blender mayo recipe, as the one I usually use hasn't worked well lately. I don't have an actual blender, but I used my immersion blender and made it right in the mason jar. I cut the recipe in thirds, as I don't use mayonnaise that often, but it divided very easily.
I was a little nervous about the amount of paprika, but it was okay. I might try a combination of paprika and white pepper the next time. (Less color and more zing.) I used a champagne vinegar and fresh lemon juice.
I know you said (repeatedly) not to use olive oil, but that's all I ever use. I buy an extra light variety, with little color or flavor. (I even bake with it. It really is pretty tasteless.)
So, now I'm off to devil some eggs. Thanks for the recipe, BratGyrl!
Awesome! SO much better than store bought! We just loved this, thanks for posting!
Does not exactly tast like store bought, but has a great flavor all on its own. As I was putting in the eggs I realized how much fat is in mayo. I used this with a seven layer salad recipe. YUM! I highly suggest everyone to give this a try.