- 2 egg yolks
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml dry Chinese mustard
- 1.23 ml cayenne chili pepper flakes
- 4.92 ml lemon juice
- 14.79 ml water
- 177.44 ml canola oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Begin with all ingredients at room temperature, they will emulsify more readily.
- In a food processor or blender, process the yolks, salt, mustard, cayenne, lemon juice and water together to form a base.
- With the motor running, add the oil in a thin, steady stream.
- The mixture will take on a whitish color just like mayonnaise (of all things).
- (After 2 or 3 days covered in the refrigerator make sure it passes the sniff test before using again.).