Prep 2 mins
Cook 10 mins
A spicier version of a standard condiment.
Make and share this Homemade Mayonnaise recipe from Food.com.
- Begin with all ingredients at room temperature, they will emulsify more readily.
- In a food processor or blender, process the yolks, salt, mustard, cayenne, lemon juice and water together to form a base.
- With the motor running, add the oil in a thin, steady stream.
- The mixture will take on a whitish color just like mayonnaise (of all things).
- (After 2 or 3 days covered in the refrigerator make sure it passes the sniff test before using again.).
Came together in no time. Yum, love the texture, too. Half the salt was perfect. I used the whole yield in a bean salad as the dressing. Worked out perfect!
I too deviated from the Recipe and used regular Mustard. Also eliminated the Chili Pepper Flakes so all could enjoy in the household. It was a bit too salty for me and I love salt. Maybe 1/2 tsp would be sufficient. Will definately make again. Thanks for the Recipe!
This was very easy and quite nice, I used ordinary dry mustard not Chinese, also used white wine vinegar instead of the lemon juice. I loved the cayenne pepper in this recipe. The only thing I might change next time is half the salt. Thank you for sharing this recipe I love the taste of real mayonaise.