- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dry Chinese mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne chili pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3⁄4 cup canola oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Begin with all ingredients at room temperature, they will emulsify more readily.
- In a food processor or blender, process the yolks, salt, mustard, cayenne, lemon juice and water together to form a base.
- With the motor running, add the oil in a thin, steady stream.
- The mixture will take on a whitish color just like mayonnaise (of all things).
- (After 2 or 3 days covered in the refrigerator make sure it passes the sniff test before using again.).