Recipe by Jess_FinsUp
When the price of Mayo (and everything else, for that matter) started to go up, I figured it was a good time to start making what I could, instead of going the easy route and buy it from the store. I got this keeper from Chef Gordon Ramsay's video on YouTube.
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon mustard (most any kind will work fine, but the lighter the color, the lighter the mayo will turn out)
- 1 1⁄4 cups canola oil or 1 1⁄4 cups vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 a lemon
Directions See How It's Made
- Put egg yolks and mustard into a food processor; turn on high and blend.
- With food processor still on, add the oil in a VERY SLOW drizzle (this will take a little while, but this is the most important step - if oil is added too fast, mayo will turn out way too runny).
- Once all of the oil is added, turn off the food processor.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the juice from the 1/2 of a lemon (the bottled kind works, too).
- Turn food processor on briefly, just long enough to mix.
- This will keeps for weeks in the fridge.