1/7 Photos of Homemade Marshmallows
Lauren Clark's Note:
I saw this recipe on a television show and it is a "good thing!"
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine gelatin and 1/2 cup cold water in the bowl of an electric mixer with whisk attachment.
- 2Let it stand 30 minutes.
- 3Combine granulated sugar, corn syrup, salt, and 1/2 cup of water in a small heavy saucepan; place over low heat and stir until sugar has dissolved.
- 4Wash down sides of pan with a wet pastry brush to dissolve sugar crystals.
- 5Clip on candy thermometer; raise heat to high.
- 6Cook syrup without stirring until it reaches 244° (firm ball stage).
- 7Immediately remove pan from heat.
- 8With mixer on low speed, slowly and carefully pour syrup into the softened gelatin.
- 9Increase speed to high; beat until mixture is very thick and white and has almost tripled in volume, about 15 minutes.
- 10Add vanilla; beat to incorporate.
- 11Generously dust an 8x12 inch glass baking pan with confectioners' sugar.
- 12Pour marshmallow mixture into pan.
- 13Dust with confectioners' sugar; let stand over night uncovered, to dry out.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Marshmallows
Serving Size: 1 (923 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 56.4
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 20.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 9.8 g
- Protein 0.3 g