I saw this recipe on a television show and it is a "good thing!"
Make and share this Homemade Marshmallows recipe from Food.com.
- Combine gelatin and 1/2 cup cold water in the bowl of an electric mixer with whisk attachment.
- Let it stand 30 minutes.
- Combine granulated sugar, corn syrup, salt, and 1/2 cup of water in a small heavy saucepan; place over low heat and stir until sugar has dissolved.
- Wash down sides of pan with a wet pastry brush to dissolve sugar crystals.
- Clip on candy thermometer; raise heat to high.
- Cook syrup without stirring until it reaches 244° (firm ball stage).
- Immediately remove pan from heat.
- With mixer on low speed, slowly and carefully pour syrup into the softened gelatin.
- Increase speed to high; beat until mixture is very thick and white and has almost tripled in volume, about 15 minutes.
- Add vanilla; beat to incorporate.
- Generously dust an 8x12 inch glass baking pan with confectioners' sugar.
- Pour marshmallow mixture into pan.
- Dust with confectioners' sugar; let stand over night uncovered, to dry out.