1/1 Photo of Homemade Maraschino Cherries
Dienia B.'s Note:
Blue Ribbon Preserves
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Remove pits from cherries.
- 2Combine 8 cups water and ascorbic acid.
- 3Stir until crystals are dissolved.
- 4Add cherries to the solution.
- 5Don't allow the fruit to remain more than 20 minutes.
- 6Rinse fruit; drain well.
- 7Combine 1 1/2 cup water and sugar.
- 8Bring to a boil.
- 9Stir in food coloring and add the cherries.
- 10Reduce heat; simmer for 5 minutes.
- 11Cool completely, allowing cherries to soak 24 hours.
- 12Next day, bring to a boil and then stir in almond extract.
- 13Pack hot cherries into hot jars leaving 1/2 inch head space.
- 14Shake jars to get firm pack.
- 15Bring syrup to a boil and ladle hot syrup into jars.
- 16Process in water bath for 15 minutes for 1/2 pint jars.
Browse Our Top Cherries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cherries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Maraschino Cherries
Serving Size: 1 (4229 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 608.0
- Calories from Fat 7
- Total Fat 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 17.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 153.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 143.3 g
- Protein 2.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: