Recipe by MirandaLee
My mother in law gave this recipe to me, it was out of an old cookbook, it tastes wonderful and the kids love it.
Top Review by justlearning #3
My son had friends over for a sleepover. The next morning I made french toast but realized I didnt have any syrup. We tried this and it was a huge hit. My husband did add 1 TBS of butter. We will stop buying store bought syrup. GREAT
- 4 cups white sugar
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons butter flavoring
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons burnt sugar flavoring
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons maple flavoring
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all but maple flavoring in a medium saucepan, start to cook over medium heat but, turn temperature down just when it reaches a boil.
- Simmer just 10 minutes and remove from heat.
- Cool slightly and add maple flavoring.
- Once cool enough, place in an old syrup bottle, Mrs.
- Butterworths size works really well.