Recipe by KadesMom
WOW! These tender manicotti are much easier to prepare than you'd think. I got this from a good friend after having it at her house. I make it with or without meat. I think it's better with a combo of ground chuck and Italian sausage, but either way it's great. They'll want seconds!
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ricotta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup romano cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 (28 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1⁄2 lb ground chuck, browned (optional)
- 1⁄2 lb ground Italian sausage, browned (optional)
- shredded romano cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- For Crepe Noodles: Place flour in a bowl; whisk in milk, 2 eggs and salt until smooth.
- Pour about 2 TBL onto a hot greased 8-in. skillet; spread to a 5-in. circle. Cook over medium heat until set; do not brown or turn. Repeat with remaining batter, making 18 crepes.
- Stack crepes between waxed paper; set aside.
- For Filling: combine cheeses, 1 egg, parsley and browned meat (opt).
- Spoon 3-4 tablespoons down the center of each crepe; roll up.
- Pour half of the spaghetti sauce into an ungreased 13x9x2-inch baking dish.
- Place crepes seam side down, over the sauce; pour remaining sauce of the top.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 20 minutes longer or until heated through.
- Sprinkle with Romano cheese.