Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
You're going to love this! It's very very cheesy. We make it mostly on Sundays and on holidays. Hope you guys enjoy it.
- 1 (16 ounce) box macaroni
- 2 cups finely shredded monterey jack cheese
- 2 cups finely shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (7 ounce) package Velveeta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 quart half-and-half
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- Cook pasta to box directions.
- Melt butter.
- In a large bowl add pasta, melted butter, Monterey jack and mozzarella; stir well to combine.
- Add mixture to a large deep casserole 13x9x4.
- Cube Velveeta and push the Velveeta down into pasta mixture (do it evenly).
- Add eggs to 1 1/2 cups of milk and pour evenly over pasta.
- Slowly pour half and half over the pasta (you may not need the whole quart).
- Top with 2 cups of the cheddar.
- Bake in preheated oven at 350° until brown and bubbly (about an hour or so). Put a cookie sheet under casserole dish in case it cooks over.
I think it uses a LOT of cheese, but otherwise I think it's DELICIOUS!!!!!!
This is the most cheese I have ever used to make macaroni and cheese (LOL). It had a very nice flavor. The only problem I had was the Velveeta never melted even after I baked it longer than stated. My husband didn't mind he loves Velveeta. Thanks Adam K. Bullwinkle.