Recipe by Svlange
This is an easy and yummy Mac and Cheese
Top Review by QueenBee49444
Delicious Mac & Cheese. Creamier than the stuff from a box - and tastes better too! This was so easy too make (another plus in when I choose recipes). I made this following directions exactly as written (I really wanted to stir-but I didn't.) We will definitely be having this again. Made and enjoyed for PAC, Spring 2009.
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni
- 8 ounces mild cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1⁄8 cup light butter (cut up)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup skim milk
- salt and pepper
- breadcrumbs (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook macaroni according to package directions and drain.
- Layer 1/2 the macaroni, 1/2 the butter and 1/2 the cheese into a round casserole dish.
- Repeat with another layer.
- In a small bowl, beat egg, add milk, salt and pepper.
- Pour egg mixture over macaroni/cheese adding more milk if desired.
- Sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- Bake uncovered in a 350 degree oven for about 30 minutes or until the top is golden brown.