Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
My family loves this!!! I came up with it myself and is made often, now!!! So enjoy!!!
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni
- 10 slices kraft 2% american cheese singles
- 1⁄2 cup of grated parmesan cheese
- 3 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 cup butter (divided)
- 3⁄4-1 cup of crushed Ritz honey butter crackers
- 3 pinches paprika
- Make a roux, just like all sauces.
- Cook macaroni according to directions on bag or box.
- Melt 1/2 cup of butter on skillet or pan with temperature low:let melt.
- Add milk and stir in cheese singles one at a time until melted then add the parmesan cheese.
- Put macaroni pasta in a casserole dish and pour cheese sauce over, mix the sauce well through the pasta.
- Melt the other 1/2 of the butter on skillet and stir in about half of the crackers until brown.
- Mix together the other half of the crackers in with the buttered crackers.
- Spread over pasta and sprinkle with paprika.
- And let sit on oven for 15-20 minute.
We really liked this Mac n Cheese! I just might have to do this one again! Each mouthful is rich, cheesy and delicious!