I made this up today and it turned out even better than I imagined. I took ideas from many differnet mac & cheese recipes and tailored them to my preference. Please try this recipe and rate it! I have been on recipe zaar for years and no one has tried or rated any of my recipes yet.
- Boil water.
- Add macaroni. Cook until tender.
- Meanwhile, saute onion in olive oil, then set aside.
- Combine softened cream cheese and sour cream.
- Heat cream cheese and sour cream mixture over medium heat until uniform.
- Add desired amount of garlic powder.
- When mixture is smooth, add cheeses, bit by bit.
- I don't know the exact measurements for the cheeses, I just got all the cheeses in standard blocks and shredded it all. It looked like alot to me.
- Once all the shredded cheese is incorporated, combine cooked macaroni, cheese sauce, and caramelized onions in a baking dish.
- top with bread crumbs, and bake at 350 for 35 minutes.
Very good! My wife said its the best she's tasted! I added some shredded velveeta also.
Just made this for dinner...YUMMY!! Excellent recipe! Keep up the good work!
This was a very nice dish, and quite a treat for us as we really like macaroni and cheese dishes. The ingredient list doesn't give specific quantities so I just guessed on how much of each cheese to buy. I used 6 ounces of each cheese. For us, even 6oz of muenster was a bit too much, and we would have been happy with more white cheddar and havarti. But I'll definitely make this again and experiment until I discover the right amount of each cheese to suit our taste buds. We also seasoned it with salt and pepper, but that is strictly a personal preference. Thanks for posting your recipe, Princess Peggy. We enjoyed it.