Recipe by Princess Peggy
I made this up today and it turned out even better than I imagined. I took ideas from many differnet mac & cheese recipes and tailored them to my preference. Please try this recipe and rate it! I have been on recipe zaar for years and no one has tried or rated any of my recipes yet.
- 1 lb elbow macaroni
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- havarti cheese
- muenster cheese
- extra sharp white cheddar cheese
- garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil water.
- Add macaroni. Cook until tender.
- Meanwhile, saute onion in olive oil, then set aside.
- Combine softened cream cheese and sour cream.
- Heat cream cheese and sour cream mixture over medium heat until uniform.
- Add desired amount of garlic powder.
- When mixture is smooth, add cheeses, bit by bit.
- I don't know the exact measurements for the cheeses, I just got all the cheeses in standard blocks and shredded it all. It looked like alot to me.
- Once all the shredded cheese is incorporated, combine cooked macaroni, cheese sauce, and caramelized onions in a baking dish.
- top with bread crumbs, and bake at 350 for 35 minutes.