Recipe by Anne Edgell
Here's another recipe for making Leberwurst yourself. Sorry it took so long. I sort of get behind in everything translating a lot of recipes helping folks in Germany or here. Best regards, Annemarie Klehe Edgell Liverwurst with Onion Yield estimated
- 500 g pork liver
- 300 g veal
- 2000 g pork belly (with rind)
- 250 g onions
- 60 g salt
- 3 tablespoons white pepper, ground
- 1 tablespoon marjoram
- 2 teaspoons pimientos, ground
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
- 1 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 2 cups boiling water
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pork belly about 70 minutes.
- Blanch liver and veal 5 minutes.
- Coarsely chop onions and saute briefly, should not change color.
- Grind meats and onion with 3mm blade of meat grinder.
- Add spices, salt and water thoroughly mixing all ingredients.
- Fill sausage casings, tie ends securely.
- Place sausages in water of 175 deg F and slowly bring up to 215 deg F (boiling) and continue cooking at that temperature for 60 minutes.
- If canning, use canning procedures, and cook 90 minutes.
- Liverwurst can be frozen.