Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
I love lemonade, especially one made from scratch. You can adjust the sugar to your sweetness. Cook time includes chilling time.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh lemon rind
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh lemon juice
- 5 cups cold water
- lemon slice
- Stir together sugar and 1/2 cup boiling water until sugar dissolves.
- Stir in lemon rind, lemon juice and 5 cups cold water.
- Pour into a 2 quart pitcher.
- Chill 8 hours.
- Garnish with lemon slices.
- Serve over ice.
Very nice, but I do strain out the lemon rind before serving;)
I scaled this down to half. It was slightly too sweet for me. The lemon got swallowed up by the sugar
DH was all set today to make (disgusting) pink lemonade FROM A CAN of crystals! "Hold it, hold it" I cried. "Let me check Zaar first!!" The rest is history. I had enough lemons in the fridge for 8 ozs. and used 4 oz. of bottled lemon juice. This was TOTALLY AWESOME. I am so happy! Can you tell? This is sooo easy (and FUN) to make that I can't wait to go buy a bushel basket of lemons! AMEN!