Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
From the City Times newspaper! This goes great with Spinach Dal(posted separately).
- 12 lemons
- 6 green chilies
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cutter chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 200 g salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Make 4 deep cuts in the lemons in an"X" shape.
- Stuff the salt in the lemons.
- Place in a pot.
- Sprinkle some salt on top.
- Add the whole green chillies.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of water.
- Boil for 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Add the chilli powder and cutter chilli powder.
- Mix well.
- Put in a jar.
- Leave it to mature for 7 days.