Recipe by hard62
A great seasoning similar to LJ Fish and chips
Top Review by gailanng
And the winner.....(drumroll please).....for the recipe with the lemonyest lemon pepper.....and best balanced flavor.....the one that edged out all other competitors.....though just by a hair.....it's....it's.....recipe #466949.
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat toaster oven to lowest setting.
- In a large bowl, combine lemon zest and black pepper. Cover metal pan fitted for toaster oven with foil and spread mixture evenly in pan. Allow to bake low and slow until zest is completely dried. Mine took about 26-30 minutes.
- Transfer lemon-pepper mixture to a bowl. Using the back of a spoon (or spice grinder if you have one), crush mixture until desired texture is achieved. Mix in salt, 1 tsp at a time. Continue to add salt until you have the right balance to fit your taste.
- Depending on size of lemons, you may need more lemons.
- If you want more of a lemon taste, reduce pepper or add more lemon zest.
- Seasoning may be kept in an air tight container for a few months.