1/2 Photos of Homemade Lemon Pepper Seasoning
A great seasoning similar to LJ Fish and chips
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat toaster oven to lowest setting.
- 2In a large bowl, combine lemon zest and black pepper. Cover metal pan fitted for toaster oven with foil and spread mixture evenly in pan. Allow to bake low and slow until zest is completely dried. Mine took about 26-30 minutes.
- 3Transfer lemon-pepper mixture to a bowl. Using the back of a spoon (or spice grinder if you have one), crush mixture until desired texture is achieved. Mix in salt, 1 tsp at a time. Continue to add salt until you have the right balance to fit your taste.
- 5Depending on size of lemons, you may need more lemons.
- 6If you want more of a lemon taste, reduce pepper or add more lemon zest.
- 7Seasoning may be kept in an air tight container for a few months.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Lemon Pepper Seasoning
Serving Size: 1 (3 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3.7
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 697.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.1 g