Recipe by BecR
Serve this luscious lemon clotted cream with fresh baked scones, an assortment of jam (strawberry!), and fresh berries for a delightful British style tea. See my strawberry jam Grandmother's Strawberry Jam and strawberries and cream scones Strawberry and Cream Scones. This homemade lemon clotted cream was recommended by British author and lifestyle expert Maureen Petrosky in the April 2011 article by People Magazine, featuring "A Royal Wedding". I hope you enjoy!
- 3 ounces mascarpone (or cream cheese)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon extract
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 lemon, zest of
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl fitted with a whisk, whip the heavy cream until soft peaks, add the remaining ingredients and whip until evenly combined.
- Serve lemon clotted cream with fresh baked scones, assorted jam (strawberry), and fresh berries for a delightful morning or afternoon tea, British style.