Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Make your own laundry detergent! This is really easy and really does save money! Great for people with allergies or fragrance sensitivity. This lasts a long time!
- 1 bar bath soap, grated (your favorite brand, fels naptha is great)
- 1 cup arm & hammer super washing soda laundry detergent (a laundry booster)
- 1⁄2 cup borax
- hot water
- Place grated soap in a pot.
- Cover with water and simmer over medium heat until all soap is melted, stirring occasionally.
- Pour into 5 gallon bucket.
- Add washing soda and borax.
- Add enough hot water to fill the bucket.
- Stir (I use a long measuring stick, but any long stick will work).
- Let sit overnight to gel.
- Use 1 cup per load.
- (You can pour this into old detergent containers or leave in the bucket. Please cover with a lid if leaving in the bucket to protect children and pets.).