Galley Devil's Note:
Found this in a magazine. It takes a while to make, but isn't home-made always better than store-bought? =) BTW, according to the magazine, the recipe calls for extra-large eggs, NOT jumbo eggs.
My Private Note
large u ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sift both flours into a food processor and sprinkle salt over. Set aside.
- 2Whisk whole eggs in a small bowl, and then whisk in oil and water.
- 3With the food processor running, pour in the egg-oil mixture slowly.
- 4Add the egg yolk as the mixture begins to form into a ball.
- 5Process until the dough is a buttery color and forms into a smooth ball, which should take about 30 seconds. DO NOT OVER-MIX.
- 6Remove dough from food processor and knead it with your hands for a minute.
- 7Form it back into a ball. Wrap with plastic wrap and let it rest for 20 - 30 minutes.
- 8Place dough on a lightly-floured surface and divide into four equal balls. Keep unused dough wrapped in plastic while you work, to prevent it from drying up.
- 9Lightly flour one of the dough balls and form into a disc.
- 10Feed it through a pasta machine roller set at the thickest setting (No. 1); repeat.
- 11Fold the dough strip into thirds or quarters to create a square.
- 12Feed the dough strip through the pasta machine six times, flouring as needed and decreasing thickness by one setting each time, ending at number 5 or 6, depending on the thickness desired.
- 13Cut dough into 13 inch long strips while soft.
- 14Dry strips on a rack or on a board for at least 15 minutes.
- 15Repeat with remaining 3 balls of dough.
- 16Use immediately. Or dry the strips completely (at least 24 hours) and store in a large re-sealable food storage bag for up to 3 days.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Lasagna Pasta Sheets
Serving Size: 1 (513 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 380.6
- Calories from Fat 80
- Total Fat 8.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 205.8 mg
- Sodium 637.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 14.1 g