If this is to be given as a gift, garnish with one whole vanilla bean inside the bottle. Yield indicated is for 10 cups.
- Dissolve sugar in 4 cups water in a pan over medium heat; boil for 10 minutes; set aside.
- Dissolve coffee granules in 1 cup water in a pan over medium heat; boil for 8 minutes.
- Combine sugar mixture and coffee mixture; cool to room temperature.
- Stir vodka and vanilla into cooled coffee mixture.
- Store in sealed, decorative bottles.
First time making this, bottled as gifts, used mexican vanilla, no beans. Made two batches and got 4 3/4 bottles (I used glass "5ths") Is VERY sweet but excellent tasting.
Very good! My mom often makes this and gives it out at Christmas. It is important to use real vanilla extract and not imitation vanilla.
This is very good,will make again.Thanks dojemi