1/3 Photos of Homemade Kahlua !!
504 hrs 20 mins
Motivated Mama's Note:
If you are looking for a tasty homemade gift, a lower-cost version of the brand-name liqueur or just a fun cooking project, try making your own Kahlua at home. This easy to follow recipe produces a rich, velvety coffee-flavored elixir that is the main ingredient of drinks such as White Russians, Mudslides and Chunky Monkeys. Kahlua is also a delicious "on the rocks" drink, whether straight over ice or topped off with a little half-and-half cream. (From ehow.com)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine the brown sugar, granulated sugar and water in a small sauce pan. Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes until sugar is dissolved.
- 2Remove from the heat. Stir in the coffee. Allow to cool completely.
- 3Pour into a large plastic container with a lid. Add the vodka, vanilla flavoring and vanilla bean.
- 4Cover and let stand for two to three weeks or until fully aged. Kahlua, when properly stored, can last safely for up to a few years.
Browse Our Top For Large Groups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Kahlua !!
Serving Size: 1 (92 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 30
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 210.4
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 5.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 20.6 g
- Protein 0.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: