Recipe by Peytonsmom215
This is a recipe that I found a while back for homemade Kahlua. This one is a little more "vanilla-y" than the others that I have tried. It makes A LOT, so it's great for gifts. It does need to sit for 12 hours but then it is totally drinkable (trust me, I've tried it). I use Svedka vodka and it comes out great. I would also use real vanilla, not the extract.
- 6 cups water
- 6 cups sugar
- 20 teaspoons instant coffee
- 1⁄2 gallon vodka
- 12 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix sugar, water and coffee together and bring to a slow boil. (Be sure to watch this as it may boil over).
- Turn heat down and simmer 1 hour.
- Remove from heat and let cool. Cover with plastic wrap.
- Let sit for 12 hours then remove wrap. (It will pick up film from the top).
- Add vodka and vanilla, stir well.
- Bottle it or add it to your favorite drink!