Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a recipe for homemade Kahlua which was given to my grandmother by a Canadian friend of hers, years ago.
- 946.36 ml water
- 946.36 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml instant coffee crystals
- 59.14 ml vanilla extract
- 737.08 g vodka
- Bring water and sugar to a boil.
- Add to coffee crystals just enough water to dissolve them.
- Add coffee to water and sugar and boil for 5 minutes, being careful not to let it boil over.
- Cool completely, then add vanilla and vodka.
- Mix well.
Fantastic! I loved that this recipe is so simple and straightforward. It's very easy and yet it yields a superb product. I used genuine Mexican vanilla to make the Kahlua, and am especially pleased with the results!
This is nice! And ridiculously easy. I had read that rum could be used in this instead of vodka, so I made mine with rum. Thank you very much for sharing this very useful recipe with us.