Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Make your own jello flavors!
- 1 envelope knox gelatin (or 1 Tbsp.)
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup cold water
- 3⁄4 cup sugar (10 packets of sweetener)
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened Kool-Aid (to taste)
- Put 1 cup water on to boil.
- Sprinkle gelatin into 1 cup cold water.
- Mix in sugar (or sweetener) and 1 tsp Kool-aid powder.
- Stir until thoroughly dissolved.
- Add boiling water and stir.
- Adjust amount of sugar and Kool-aid to taste.
- Chill until firm.
OMG! I am a diabetic and one of my favorite flavors is grape and they don't make a grape flavored jello but they do make grape kool-aid!!! This is an awsome recipe and I can't wait to try new flavors.
I liked the jello but would like it a little more sweeter.
Fun recipe! The kids gobbled it down, so I'm giving it 5 stars. I used an entire .16 oz. pkg of tropical punch unsweetened Koolaid and 5 tablespoons sugar. The flavor was intense and I thought it could have used a little more sugar. The kids didn't care and practically sucked it down. I do like the idea of using some of the Koolaid flavors that don't have food coloring in them, and think the recipe might be good for people trying to avoid such things. Or for poeple who can only have certain types of sweeteners in their diets. I don't know that this is cheaper or easier than commercial Jello, though with all of the varieties of Koolaid out there, you could come up with some interesting flavors. Thanks for posting!